Translate

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Here Comes Santa Claus



I finally got Santa completed. Actually two were completed, exactly alike. I've posted what I think is the best of the two. What I thought was going to be a quick little portrait turned into much more and I learned a few things along the way not the least of which is how to store my acrylic paint and preserve it after it's been squeezed from the tube. I can't believe I didn't come up with this idea sooner! I'm using a disposable plastic container with lid as my palette which is capable of keeping the paint usable up to 3-4 days. When it's dried out all I have to do is use a plastic palette knife to scrape it away and voila!...I have a nice clean palette for the next project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a nice Santa Billie :)
I spritz left over paint with water and then I drape clingfilm over it, maki8ng sure the clingfilm also clings well to my palet. I can use my paint again after up to 6 days, if I spritz each day it lasts even longer. and sometimes I can remove the skin of the paint and use the inside.


Have a merry holiday :)

Billie Crain said...

Also a good idea, Cecile. I will remember that! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.:)