Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Still on the Spring Theme



Spring continues to be my inspiration. The temps have finally begun to climb in northern Michigan. Today and yesterday we've seen 70°F and my windows have been open to let the breeze in through the window screens. Little green sprouts are appearing from the moist earth and my weeping cherry tree is budding. We're all praying to God we don't have a freeze and ruin everything.

I'm having issues with my PC and it's not recognizing my camera at the moment so I tried to scan this latest collage. Of course it was a little too large to completely fit on the scanner bed so this is the best I could do. You should still get the general idea. I've used homemade crystalline paper, painted brown wrapping paper, purchased papers, charcoal and this strange heavy duty paper I picked up somewhere. I can't for the life of me remember where, though. It's like really heavy interfacing. I've had to dye it, that is soak it in a colored solution overnite but I love the texture it adds. I've also added gestural marks with a water soluble crayon this time. The piece just called for it.

No comments: