Translate

Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Walk in the Wood ~ Springtime


homemade and purchased collage papers, charcoal, cut photographs

I just called this one done one last night and wanted to share. I can't seem to get my mind out of the woods. I can't walk in the wood IRL anymore but I can go in my mind's eye. I spent many hours growing up playing there. I especially loved it down by the creek. So many cool bugs and neat toadstools and the various types of moss that reminded me of tiny little forests of their own. One would expect fairies to come flying out at any moment.

This particular collage celebrates the time of year when the redwing black birds return. Also morel mushrooms and the wild leeks appear, always a welcome time. Just bring a good steak, some bleu cheese dressing and your fork and let the feast begin!

p.s. See if you can spot the morel mushrooms. As always they can be hard to find.

2 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Love !

Billie Crain said...

Glad you love, Meera. :)