Translate

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Park Life 2 ~ collage




Although I haven't posted lately I have been working. I took my sweet time and spent three weeks creating this fun little piece of cut paper collage, gesso, charcoal and acrylic paint on paper. It's based loosely on the actual park I live in as viewed from the lake which the park overlooks. I surprised myself that I not only was able to cut all those teeny tiny little pieces of paper without tearing my hair out or losing interest but that I enjoyed the process. I Zen-ed out! It helped that I created more comfortable seating for myself. That is SO important for any artist, to be comfortable while creating. If anyone finds themselves balking at have a good sit down at their easels ask yourselves if your chair isn't comfortable anymore. They do wear out, you know.

Note: I received a lovely email from the woman that commissioned the portrait of the cats. The birthday girl was very happy with the painting and sent a photo of it matted and framed. I'm posting that image with her permission.


2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Billie, this is so charming!! Beautifully done and so engaging! And the portrait is just lovely, no wonder the birthday girl was happy!

And thank you so very much for those very kind words, I appreciate them so much!

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Suzanne. :) I love artwork that pulls me in to take a closer look. That was my intention with this one. I hope I have succeeded.