Translate

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rudy~WIP


I've just started painting Rudy, a Himalayan cat owned by Marcia Van Osten. Rudy is the litter mate of Phoebe , the subject of my painting titled 'Contemplation'. Marcia has given me permission to use her photos of Rudy for reference plus I'm also working from a description she sent me via Facebook regarding his coloring. Himalayan cats have coloring remarkably similar to Siamese cats, IMO. Incredible blue eyes and that deep coffee brown on their faces and ears. I'm hoping against hope I'm close to the real deal as far as eye and fur coloration. Time and Marcia will tell. My palette for the eyes is Cobalt blue deep and Cerulean, the fur is a mixture of Indigo, Raw Umber with a bit of DS Moonglow thrown in. I gave Rudy a mouse, too. Phoebe has one so I thought it only fair.;)

2 comments:

maggie said...

My cat is a Himalayan....I can mail you some fur if you want to see the colour up close and for real...Lord knows she leaves enough of it blowin' around my house like friggin' tumble weed.

Billie Crain said...

Maggie,if this doesn't turn out I may take you up on your offer, Stay tuned........