Translate

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rudy~Complete


SOLD

I think Rudy is finally done. I may do some minor tweaking but I'm pretty happy with the results at this point. I kept to my original palette with the addition of some Crimson Lake for the mouse's ear and nose. I may give him some whiskers, too. Not sure yet. I did wind up softening the edges of the cat's fur and tail with a little white soft pastel.

Note: Tweaks have been completed and the first image has been replaced by the final. I decided not to add whiskers to the mouse. Rudy had enough for both and I felt they would be distracting.

4 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Very nice. I just caught a real mouse in a trap today. I have a phobia about them. My 78 yr old mom is coming tomorrow to toss the trap for me. She had the same fear until I was born and she had to protect me. I don't have kids so I guess I'm stuck with the phobia. My dogs can look out for themselves. lol

Jeanette Jobson said...

Fabulous finish Billie. The shots of colour in a subdued palette works so well. Beautiful.

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Jeanne.:) Mice don't scare me. Rats are another story. Gladly I've only run into one in my life but that was quite enough.

Billie Crain said...

Glad you like this one, Jeanette.:) I wanted to alter the palette just a bit from the one prior. Rudy has a lot of grey in his fur. At one point I thought it had gotten too drab but things managed to work themselves out.