Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

Daniel Smith's 66 Color Try It Sheet~product review



FYI...Daniel Smith Art Supply offers a product called the 66 Try It Sheet (link), an 8.5" x 11" sheet of watercolor paper with 66 sample dots of their various extra fine watercolors, including many of their specialty colors such as interference shades and duochromes complete with all color information such as ASTM LR rating, degree of transparency, etc. I think it's a brilliant sales tactic on their part because it gives the artist a sampling of each of these colors for very little money. I ordered my sheet and today I wet most of the dots (some colors I have and am already familiar with) to see with my own eyes what they look like IRL and how they perform. I highly recommend this product to any artist if DS products are available in their country.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

what a great idea! they make such beautiful colors to play with :)

Billie Crain said...

I love their colors, Tracey. I found a few newbies I just may have to order thanks to the Try It Sheet. Somebody at DS is very clever.;)