Translate

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Sunflowers~color study


I took one small section from the whole and did a quick color study last night. It looks sloppy because it is. I've got the end result in my mind but I'm not sure I can pull it off without resorting to using masking fluid. I really don't want to use it for this painting but it may be unavoidable. It's either that or gouache. I'd like to paint this in a loose style while still retaining all the great sunlit areas. My favorite sunflowers are the dead ones with their heads hung down, petals dragging. I'm still working on the drawing and doing a lot of editing. The edge detection feature often gives confusing information and I'm still trying to sort it all out.

2 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Your sunflower studies are fantastic. This one is my favourite, I love the dripping paint and the colours. Excellent work. I'm delighted to have found your blog and looking forward to seeing more from you!

Billie Crain said...

Welcome to my blog, Caroline.:) I just visited your's as well. Wonderful urbanscapes!