Translate

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photographing Eggs


I like this composition the best so far. Love the subtle orangey reflection on the green egg shell and the angle of the shadow from the carton.



Is not as easy as I thought it would be. I have six lovely eggs from a friend's hens. The reddish brown eggs are from her Isa Brown hen, the green are from one of her Araucanas. Sunlight has been at a premium here lately and when it peeks out it doesn't stay long so it's a rush to shoot in good lighting. Since I had the eggs in the frig they immediately began to 'sweat' once they hit warm air and eggs tend to roll around a lot! No hiding a piece of masking tape under them to hold in place either as the surface of the shells was too wet. Once they came to room temperature I had lost any hope of decent light but I did get a few shots w/o all the condensation on the shells.

No comments: