Translate

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hollyhock~Update


This is turning into a monster. I have to go back again and again to adjust the values making the matboard more & more absorbent. As for flower form, I'm pretty much flying blind although when I look at reference material I tend to make more mistakes. I seem to be better off using instinct to judge where petals go and at what angle they turn and fall. I do plan to see this one through to the end though it may take me longer than planned. In the meantime I may start another project so I don't get frustrated and go stale on this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see hollyhocks on my way to take Rebecca to school. I am tempted to stop and take some photos. They are such a wonderful flower.
You are doing great Billie. It is a complicated image.

Billie Crain said...

They're great flowers to paint, Robin and who doesn't like hollyhocks. I'd love to see what you do with them.:)

maggie said...

Well...I'm really enjoying your process....AND...I think it looks great..can't wait to see the finished piece.

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Maggie.:) I worked some more on this and things are starting to take shape. There may be hope for this one yet!