Translate

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Special Request From Mike


A fan of my fantasy cats has given me a suggestion for a concept that I quite like! I don't have a title for it yet so it'll be known as 'Mike's Cat' for now. We emailed back and forth two nights ago going over the details and this is what I've come up with so far. It's just a line drawing at this stage. I ran out of HP paper which I ordered yesterday from Blick and Krylon fixative(for the study) which I forgot to order so I'll be making a road trip to Petoskey for that. I need to write these things down when I run out of supplies. I knew there was something I forgot to order. I just forgot what it was.......

7 comments:

vivien said...

fun :>)


I think it would work even better if the cat's rear end went under the top of the crescent of the moon and curled round from the other side????

Billie Crain said...

interesting idea but it's sounds complicated, Vivien. I'm working from imagination here..remember? any ideas what i should do with the tail? I'm not sure i like it disappearing out of the picture. i'll be working in a larger format when i paint this so maybe there will be room for it.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its a challenge working out just what the composition will be. Tons of thumbnails help, but I think this is great. I like the fish leaping up, I'll look forward to seeing more.

Unknown said...

I love the fish and the front of the cat reaching for the fish but I'm not sure if the back end of the cat is right, maybe it would look better behind the front of the cat or behind the moon with the tail coming out under the moon on the right of it.

Mike

Anita said...

Another fun one - looking forward to seeing it evolve.

Isn't it annoying when you find you have left something out of an order.

Stacy said...

Great idea Billie! It would work well as a tryptic too. The second painting could show kitty falling into the water after reaching too far for the fish and the third could see kitty rushing to get out of the water. :)

Billie Crain said...

thanks Jeanette, Anita, Stacy and of course, Mike for your input.:) I was considering Vivien's suggestion and it now looks like i will need to rethink the position of the cat. right now it's strandling the cresent and blocking too much Moon. i'll have to do some thumbnails to figure out just how to move the kitty and make it look believable. a new position might solve the tail problem, too.