Translate

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Miss Willmott's Ghost~Revised, Reshot & Reframed

~~~ SOLD~~~






I revised Miss Willmott. The hard edge/line that ran diagonally from a shadow line on the viewer's left, through the center of the flower and connected with the vein line on the bract on the right bothered me a lot. I softened that and broke the connection by carefully scrubbing it down. I also softened the bottom of the flower center to read better with the light source...hopefully. I recropped to 21"x 13 1/2" and reframed her in a wider frame. I reshot my photo outside. Yes, it's sunny and fairly warm here today! Consequently the colors are much more accurate.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

beautiful I love the composition and the contrast of the hard and soft edges, very nice :)

Billie Crain said...

thank you, Tracey! i'm quite happy with it. i feel i achieved the ethereal look i was shooting for.

Becca said...

When you have achieved what you were after that is considered a success. I am glad that this is one where you feel successful.

The frame creates a pretty boundary for the soft image. I am sure this will be sold quickly Billie.

Stacy said...

You definitely achieved a "ghostly" look on this one Billie! The colors are beautiful and it all works together so well. Nicely done!

Billie Crain said...

Rebecca aka Robin, thanks for stopping by.:) yup, i'm well pleased with this one. i know my palette is unusual but i love the effect. i pictured this in a silver frame so had to choose something that would work.

Billie Crain said...

thank you, Stacy! taking a flower that looks this spikey and giving it a soft, ghostly appearance was exactly what i was going for. i'm thrilled you like the colors, too.