Translate

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ellie #2 wip






This is my second painting of Ellie. I chose to stay closer to the values in the reference photo. Also I'm going for more detail and a credible likeness. As I build washes I'm working tighter.

The first image is my sketch.

In the second image I've applied some masking fluid to the catchlights in the eyes, lip and a spot on one nostril. I'm starting to apply my first washes.

At stage three I've begun to define the features...eyes and nose mostly. This is where I've begun painting much tighter.

Stage four...strengthening values of the shadows and working on the mouth.

Stage five...I've started the background and clothing and have begun fine tuning Ellie's features.

At this point it's time to put this down and let it rest for awhile.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Billie well done thanks for sharing this i would really like to see the original if possible....

Cheers Bev

Billie Crain said...

Hi Bev! thank you for your comment.:-) i left you a link in a PM on A&A. i've got Ellie posted on there.